Check Book Safety Measures:
Tips To Keep Your Check Book Safe
- Record all details of checks issued.
- Do not leave your check book unattended. Always keep it in a safe place, under lock and key.
- Whenever you receive your checkbook, please count the number of check leaves in it. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
- Verify serial continuity of the cheque numbers. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
- Inform the bank immediately if you lose/misplaced your cheque book, a leaf or a requisition slip.
Tips To Fill A Cheque Leaf Correctly
- Do not sign blank cheques. Always fill in the date, the name of the receiver and the amount before signing the cheque.
- Remember to cross your cheque whenever applicable and prevent it from being misused.
- Always draw a line through any unused space.
- Never sign in multiple places unless authenticating a change.
- Avoid using cheques with changes on them. Issue a new cheque if possible.
- When you cancel a cheque, mutilate the MICR band and write "CANCEL" across the face of the cheque
- Do not write/sign/mark/pin/staple/paste/fold on the MICR band.
- Unused requisition slips should be destroyed or returned to the bank.
- Kindly use the transaction sheet to record details of cheques issued by you.
- If you find any discrepancy in the number of cheque leaves of the cheque book you receive.
- If you have lost an issued cheque and need to give a "stop payment" instruction.
- To request a new cheque book.