Internet Banking Safety:
Use Internet Banking To Minimize The Risk of Fraud
- Utilize paperless options. Restrict receipt of paper statements by subscribing to e-mailed bank account statements.
- Monitor your account activity regularly by checking your balances and statements online through www.icicibank.lk. This helps you to detect fraudulent transactions, if any, quickly. The earlier a fraud is detected, the lesser will be its financial impact.
Tips For Use When Banking Through The Internet
- Avoid accessing your Internet Banking account from a cyber cafe or a shared computer. However, if you happen to do so change your passwords from your own computer.
- Every time you complete your online banking session, log off from ICICIBank.lk. Do not just close your browser.
- To access ICICI Bank's Internet Banking, always type in the correct URL (http://www.icicibank.lk//) into your browser window. Never click a link that offers to take you to our website.
- If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure website, you should disable the "Auto Complete" function to increase the security of your information. To disable the "Auto Complete" function:
- Open Internet Explorer and click "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Content".
- Under "Personal Information", click "Auto Complete".
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click "Clear Passwords".
- Click "OK".
- Change your Internet Banking passwords (both log-in password and transaction password) after your first log-in, and thereafter regularly (at least once in a month).
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
- For additional security to financial transactions through Internet Banking, create and maintain different passwords for log-in and for transactions.
- If you have more than one Internet Banking user ID, use a different password for each of the user IDs. You may also view all your accounts with ICICI Bank under a single user ID by linking your various accounts to your preferred Internet Banking user ID. Click here to know more about linking your accounts.
- Never share your Internet Banking passwords with others, even family members. Do not reveal them to anybody, not even to an ICICI Bank employee.
- Always check the last log-in to your Internet Banking account. Log in to ICICIBank.lk and see the left hand side of the "My Accounts" page to view the date and time of your last log-in.