PIN And Password Safety Measures:
- Destroy the PIN mailer after memorizing the PIN and/or change the PIN after the first usage.
- Never keep your PIN and ATM card /debit card together. / Do not write your PIN number on the ATM / Debit Card.
- Do not disclose / share your PIN number to / with a third party.
- Ensure that you change your PIN number periodically.
- Do not use the numbers that somebody could guess as your PIN no. (i.e., Your date of birth / your telephone number etc)
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
- Don't use passwords that are obvious, like your name/nickname, names of your family members, your address, phone number, or any other information that a thief might find in your purse or wallet.
- Do not use the same password as the one which you use to log in to your computer or access your e-mail.
- If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure web site, you should disable the auto-complete function to increase the security of your information.
To disable the "Auto Complete" function:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools">>"Internet Options">>"Content"
- Under "Personal Information", click on "Auto Complete
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click on "Clear Passwords"
- Click "OK".
- Change your Internet Banking password (both, log-in password and transaction password) after your first log-in, and thereafter regularly (at least once a month).
- Create and maintain different passwords for log-ins and transactions. This provides additional security for financial transactions through Internet Banking.
- If you have more than one Internet Banking user ID, use a different password for each of them. You may also view all your accounts with ICICI Bank under a single user ID by linking your various accounts to your preferred Internet Banking user ID.
- If you access any website (including ICICIBank.lk) from a cyber-cafe, any shared computer or a computer other than your own, change your passwords after such use in your own computer at your workplace or at home. It is very important to do so specially when you have entered your transaction password in such a cyber- cafe computer or shared computer.
- Never share your passwords with others, including family members. Do not disclose your Internet Banking password to anybody, not even to an ICICI Bank employee.
- Ensure that you change your password periodically.
ICICI Bank is NOT liable for any loss arising from your sharing of your user IDs, passwords, cards, card numbers or PINs with anyone, nor from their consequent unauthorized use.